We provide a competitive community-based youth baseball program for Boulder baseball players to help them prepare for the next level.
What We Offer
- We field teams for 9U to 14U baseball players in Boulder - regardless of your Little League.
- We’re local and practice in Boulder. (Our 13U and 14U teams also have local league games.) We know families are busy and want to maximize field time and minimize travel time.
- We’re affordable. We recognize families are on a budget and we strive to keep costs down.
- We’re a complement to Little League. We’re Little League supporters and offer tournament and full rules baseball to augment your Little League experience, not replace it. We partner with SBLL and NBLL to manage schedules and pitch counts.
- We offer pre-season skills clinics with experienced coaches to help Boulder’s better players develop solid fundamentals to prepare for high school baseball.
- Winter indoor practices/workouts. Usually one week night and one weekend day per week. Winter practices are not mandatory, but highly recommended. Coaches will attempt to work around other winter sport commitments.
- 9U to 12U play five to six weekend tournaments in the spring. 13U play 8-10 tournaments and participate in Spring league play. Most tournaments are two days - Saturday/Sunday. Saturday is generally pool play/round robin. Results from Saturday determine seeding for Sunday. Sunday is usually single elimination, play until you lose or win the championship.
- Practices and tournaments are scheduled to not conflict with a player's Little League schedule. Once the Little League schedule starts, practices are scaled back to accommodate Little League play. While Little League play is not required it is strongly encouraged that players play both Bison and Little League as to get the most out of their baseball experience particularly at the younger ages.
- 9U to 12U teams
- Player fees are estimated to be $900/player
- Required uniform package estimated at $175
- 13U & 14U teams
- Player fees are estimated to be $1,800/player (cost difference due to extended weekend/tournament play through July.)
- Required uniform package estimated at $225
- As noted above, uniforms will be separate from registration fees beginning in 2021 and will be paid directly to the vendor. We are partnering with a vendor to streamline the uniform, optional gear and spirit wear process by introducing a Boulder Bison Store that will be available 24/7 and individual purchase/shipment.
- We have a small scholarship/financial-aid program for Bison families. To be eligible for reduced Bison fees (excluding $200 deposit) you must qualify for the BVSD reduced lunch program. For more information, please contact board President, Renae Foxhoven at email@example.com. In addition, the City of Boulder has a limited amount of financial support for youth athletics through its Youth Opportunity Program. Eligible candidates will be responsible for a certain number of hours of community service. Please contact the City of Boulder Youth Opportunity Program directly for this assistance.
How Can You Help?
We’re a non-profit volunteer-based organization, so the program needs your help. Here are ways you can contribute:
- Board Members - We’re looking for new board members who are passionate about building a stronger Boulder baseball community. We need folks who are good at organizing, marketing and fundraising. If interested, click here to contact us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Support - Are you short on time to volunteer, but can contribute financial resources to keep player costs down? If so, click here to contact us or email us at email@example.com.
- Coaches - Do you know former players or coaches (high school or college) who’d like to give back to the game?
If you’re not already on our mailing list, please register using the form below.
Please follow us on Twitter at @Baseball_Bison for real time updates.
Boulder Bison is run by a volunteer board and is a 501(c)3 organization.